郑州沈阳无痛人流医院手术要多久,a failed train, yet we are re

Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.About Cookies
We want you to enjoy your visit to our website.
That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies.
Accept & close
Our Facebook feeds
Like us on Facebook
Our Twitter feeds
Follow us on Twitter
Have you got a local story, picture or video you would like to send to us?
for a chance to get published.Services
/ , Political reporter /
EIGHTY-TWO people die in York each year because of air pollution in the city, Government figures show, and now the city council wants to hear people's views on a new plan to tackle the problem.
A consultation is currently open on the draft air quality management plan - which features a Clean Air Zone to make sure that by 2018 80 percent of all bus journeys through the city centre will be made by low emission buses.
The plan is an attempt to address the Government figures which show that 4.8 percent of all deaths in York are attributable to poor air quality.
The council's cabinet member for health, Linsay Cunningham-Cross, has urged people to take up the chance to have their say on the plans.
At the heart of the plan, she says, is an ambitious aim to stop pollution harming some of the most vulnerable people in the community.
"It's hard to be exact on the mortality figures, because there are many contributing factors, but we know that poor air quality harms the very young and the very old, and people who have underlying health problems like asthma or COPD already."
The aim of the clean air zone, and its targets for bus journeys in the city centre, is to cut down on air particles emitted by diesel engines - which the WHO says are harmful to human health and cause cancer - as well as nitrogen dioxide emitted by all engines. It marks three "air quality management areas" where pollution is a particular problem - the city centre, the
south including
Main Street, and Salisbury Terrace.
Cllr Cunningham-Cross added: "There's an element of realism here, because we are not going to get 100 percent of buses electric. But if we can tackle the high frequency buses first, that will make a difference, and we've made a start on that with the electric park and ride buses, and the electric tour bus which will launch soon.
"Congestion is a problem in York, but cutting that down is not going to be a solution to air quality problems by itself because there are always going to be some vehicles which want to go into the city."
For more information on the action plan, or the consultation which runs until Friday, January 2, visit
Promoted stories
Thanks, yes, I knew it was a pretty scandalous tally and you are right, it deserves more coverage.
How many inside the M25 ring road?
Eventually diesel cars will become extinct if nothing is done re emissions from diesel driven vehicles.
Housing developments create the trick is to curb that supply, and make them more eco friendly.
Thanks, yes, I knew it was a pretty scandalous tally and you are right, it deserves more coverage.
How many inside the M25 ring road?
Eventually diesel cars will become extinct if nothing is done re emissions from diesel driven vehicles.
Housing developments create the trick is to curb that supply, and make them more eco friendly.
point made happy new year
point made happy new year
I agree. Except there is a massive problem. Believe it or not, I actually meant the things I wrote. Any single one of them would improve aire= quality. Especially shutting PP up.
I agree. Except there is a massive problem. Believe it or not, I actually meant the things I wrote. Any single one of them would improve aire= quality. Especially shutting PP up.
Not just York though is it. I can't be bothered to look up the stats on air quality deaths in the UK, but if you want to be my guest, I'm pretty sure you'll find similarly shocking figures around much of the country.
Not just York though is it. I can't be bothered to look up the stats on air quality deaths in the UK, but if you want to be my guest, I'm pretty sure you'll find similarly shocking figures around much of the country.
I didn't say remove traffic lights. I said sequence them better. But that distinction is lost on you, you ideologically driven one trick pony.
I didn't say remove traffic lights. I said sequence them better. But that distinction is lost on you, you ideologically driven one trick pony.
I didn't suggest that you made an individual suggestion to that effect. Grateful that you also accept the need for traffic lights. Unfortunately there are far more misinformed commentators who believe the opposite.
I didn't suggest that you made an individual suggestion to that effect. Grateful that you also accept the need for traffic lights. Unfortunately there are far more misinformed commentators who believe the opposite.
The only practicable way of sorting it out,is to reduce the demand for private car use. That is the lynchpin of York's current Local Transport Plan- a yardstick against which all proposed development must be weighed in the balance.
Building new roads attracts yet more car journeys. It's self defeating in the long term.
No good politicians descending into point scoring efforts to pretend to be be the motorists friend, as elections approach. Much good that did at Clifton Green, where peak queues still back up across the Ouse, despite reinstatement of the LH filter lane. And the traffic maelstrom that cyclists are flung back into on the approach, is itself a major disincentive to cycling for short local journeys.
The only practicable way of sorting it out,is to reduce the demand for private car use. That is the lynchpin of York's current Local Transport Plan- a yardstick against which all proposed development must be weighed in the balance.
Building new roads attracts yet more car journeys. It's self defeating in the long term.
No good politicians descending into point scoring efforts to pretend to be be the motorists friend, as elections approach. Much good that did at Clifton Green, where peak queues still back up across the Ouse, despite reinstatement of the LH filter lane. And the traffic maelstrom that cyclists are flung back into on the approach, is itself a major disincentive to cycling for short local journeys.
I moved from York to Scarborough 20 years ago - to beat the vehicle congestion and poor air quality. Some improvements but the council MUST with working WITH locals being preferred. Telling those who actually provide the council's income DOES NOT WORK.
Part time traffic l altering traffic light timing also. Plus, making P and R mort attractive would help =- tariffs need subsidy.
In hindsight wasting money on the two traffic reg orders did not help.
I moved from York to Scarborough 20 years ago - to beat the vehicle congestion and poor air quality. Some improvements but the council MUST with working WITH locals being preferred. Telling those who actually provide the council's income DOES NOT WORK.
Part time traffic l altering traffic light timing also. Plus, making P and R mort attractive would help =- tariffs need subsidy.
In hindsight wasting money on the two traffic reg orders did not help.
"Building new roads attracts more car journeys. It's self defeating in the long term"
What exactly is being defeated, your idealic picture of York as Groningen? If only everyone who lived in York was able to get to work without the use of a car. York must be allowed to expand and improve so that the city and economy can grow and this must be supported by its transport infrastructure.
There is nothing I love more than driving an unnecesary short journey. The delight Mr. Hepworth, that you should experience is driving that wonderful quarter of a mile you bleat on about that you think every driver is only doing. Now that Lendal Bridge has been reopened it's fantastic to be able to drive from the railway station to the centre of Lendal bridge...oh hang on i've gone over my 1/4 of a mile allowance that P. Hepworth says I do...
Joking aside why do you have a pedalling paul account and a Paul Hepworth account for the press website? A quick little google / youtube will show your video of that 'maelstrom' (very specific word) at Clifton Green, doesn't look too bad.
"Building new roads attracts more car journeys. It's self defeating in the long term"
What exactly is being defeated, your idealic picture of York as Groningen? If only everyone who lived in York was able to get to work without the use of a car. York must be allowed to expand and improve so that the city and economy can grow and this must be supported by its transport infrastructure.
There is nothing I love more than driving an unnecesary short journey. The delight Mr. Hepworth, that you should experience is driving that wonderful quarter of a mile you bleat on about that you think every driver is only doing. Now that Lendal Bridge has been reopened it's fantastic to be able to drive from the railway station to the centre of Lendal bridge...oh hang on i've gone over my 1/4 of a mile allowance that P. Hepworth says I do...
Joking aside why do you have a pedalling paul account and a Paul Hepworth account for the press website? A quick little google / youtube will show your video of that 'maelstrom' (very specific word) at Clifton Green, doesn't look too bad.
Dual carriageways aren't a solution to the problem that the article is actually about: pollution caused by motor vehicles IN YORK. You can't build dual carriageways or overpasses into the city centre without demolishing swathes of property. Even if you could, what would happen when the traffic had to come off them to enter the centre itself? Massive tailbacks, just as at present - the tens of millions of pounds we would need to spend would have bought us precisely nothing.
If you think that unrestricted, ever increasing car use is here to stay, then fine. But get used to ever worsening congestion. And don't expect that, as a car user, you should always be given priority over all other forms of transport and everyone else who lives in/visits York (it is, of course, those of us who don't accept that you have some divine right to preferential treatment whom you describe as "car haters"). You cause the problem, you take the consequences.
Now look what you've done Meirion, you've upset the other Dodo.
Dual carriageways aren't a solution to the problem that the article is actually about: pollution caused by motor vehicles IN YORK. You can't build dual carriageways or overpasses into the city centre without demolishing swathes of property. Even if you could, what would happen when the traffic had to come off them to enter the centre itself? Massive tailbacks, just as at present - the tens of millions of pounds we would need to spend would have bought us precisely nothing.
If you think that unrestricted, ever increasing car use is here to stay, then fine. But get used to ever worsening congestion. And don't expect that, as a car user, you should always be given priority over all other forms of transport and everyone else who lives in/visits York (it is, of course, those of us who don't accept that you have some divine right to preferential treatment whom you describe as "car haters"). You cause the problem, you take the consequences.
Now look what you've done Meirion, you've upset the other Dodo.
Suggestions please?
Suggestions please?
Firstly, I would agree that the traffic light sequences need to be sorted.
However, as a member of the council, why don't you insist that all buses are banned from York UNLESS they are low emmission? After all, York council is quite happy to (attempt to) ban vehicles from Lendal Bridge. As you said, it was the implementation of that scheme that was at fault. Just ban the ones that belch high emmissions.
(Just so there is no confusion, in my opinion, the whole Lendal Bridge idea and implementation was a fiasco)
However, as a member of the council, why don't you insist that all buses are banned from York UNLESS they are low emmission? After all, York council is quite happy to (attempt to) ban vehicles from Lendal Bridge. As you said, it was the implementation of that scheme that was at fault. Just ban the ones that belch high emmissions.
(Just so there is no confusion, in my opinion, the whole Lendal Bridge idea and implementation was a fiasco)
Suggestions please?
Well, for a start I am not the government. I elect people who hopefully stop the world perishing or its inhabitants being needlessly killed.
But if you want my thoughts, I'd -
Ban cars from city centres - will happen anyway.
Speed up the economic incentives to use of non-fossil fuel energy
Set higher targets given the eco-situation seems so grim.
Tax polluting companies harder.
All tough measures, but lives are being lost and the planet is suffering. What would you do - bury head in sand and hope someone invents a way to inhabit Mars?
Suggestions please?
Well, for a start I am not the government. I elect people who hopefully stop the world perishing or its inhabitants being needlessly killed.
All tough measures, but lives are being lost and the planet is suffering. What would you do - bury head in sand and hope someone invents a way to inhabit Mars?
Suggestions please?
Well if you ban cars from say York's city centre it wouldn't affect me as I live quite near the centre and walk in on the very rare occasions that I have to go there, so the majority of the time I drive out of the city to the out of town shopping centres, so much better don't you agree.
As for none fossil fuel energy - less polluting cars are being developed all the time by the motoring manufacturers, for example the German marque that I drive have just brought into production a totaly electric model, very stylish as well, oh and a hybrid, must admit though the hybrid is a tad expensive, but it will do 0-62 in 4.2 secs and top speed of 165mph, not bad for a car that's exempt from VED and green to boot.
Suggestions please?
Well if you ban cars from say York's city centre it wouldn't affect me as I live quite near the centre and walk in on the very rare occasions that I have to go there, so the majority of the time I drive out of the city to the out of town shopping centres, so much better don't you agree.
As for none fossil fuel energy - less polluting cars are being developed all the time by the motoring manufacturers, for example the German marque that I drive have just brought into production a totaly electric model, very stylish as well, oh and a hybrid, must admit though the hybrid is a tad expensive, but it will do 0-62 in 4.2 secs and top speed of 165mph, not bad for a car that's exempt from VED and green to boot.
This is exactly the sort of signalling errors that need to be sorted out - from what I can make out just based on the experience of trying to get the signals 50 yards from where I live sorted out its a combination of whatever original design was installed and a lack of budget to change or fix the faults. On Fulford Rd, emergency gas works cut through the road sensors, about 18 months on on that was fixed, then 3 months later they came back and did the same thing again! That was over a year ago - resurfacing has just been completed now we are still waiting for the sensors to be cut into the new surface. Meanwhile we have a right turn filter into Broadway that holds up outbound traffic for 15 seconds each cycle regardless of whether there is anything approaching from Fulford. Traffic from Broadway has to wait for about 60 -70 secs even when there is nothing on the main road because there are no functioning sensors. And none of this is linked to the next set of lights! If this is happening around the city there is collosal inefficiency, with drivers sat burning fuel and polluting the neighbourhood needlessly.
This is exactly the sort of signalling errors that need to be sorted out - from what I can make out just based on the experience of trying to get the signals 50 yards from where I live sorted out its a combination of whatever original design was installed and a lack of budget to change or fix the faults. On Fulford Rd, emergency gas works cut through the road sensors, about 18 months on on that was fixed, then 3 months later they came back and did the same thing again! That was over a year ago - resurfacing has just been completed now we are still waiting for the sensors to be cut into the new surface. Meanwhile we have a right turn filter into Broadway that holds up outbound traffic for 15 seconds each cycle regardless of whether there is anything approaching from Fulford. Traffic from Broadway has to wait for about 60 -70 secs even when there is nothing on the main road because there are no functioning sensors. And none of this is linked to the next set of lights! If this is happening around the city there is collosal inefficiency, with drivers sat burning fuel and polluting the neighbourhood needlessly.
Yes, you're right. The air quality action plan is an 87 page document, with the executive SUMMARY running to seven pages. I've much better things to do with my time between now and 2nd January than read all that lot!
This council administration wouldn't know a consultation process if it hit them in the face. Consultation also includes listening!
Yes, you're right. The air quality action plan is an 87 page document, with the executive SUMMARY running to seven pages. I've much better things to do with my time between now and 2nd January than read all that lot!
This council administration wouldn't know a consultation process if it hit them in the face. Consultation also includes listening!
Pins medal on. Well done, clever boy.
Pins medal on. Well done, clever boy.
Why not hijack it you hijack every story to talk about cycling
Why not hijack it you hijack every story to talk about cycling
Fiasco it may have been but bus journeys were up by 15,000 a week during the a point rarely made during discussion about the issue.
Fiasco it may have been but bus journeys were up by 15,000 a week during the a point rarely made during discussion about the issue.
I wonder how many pollution deaths the self righteous pedalling idiot, real name Paul Hepworth is responsible for? He is well known to be a tour guide on one of the deplorable fume belching open top double decker buses, which seriously obstruct traffic flow and are a downright nuisance.
The closure of Lendal Bridge will no doubt have made his job easier, what a king sized hypocrite he is. He slavers at dreams of the congestion and gridlock he himself causes.
See http://www.ctc.org.u
k/ctc/history/roll-h
onour-past-certifica
te-merit-winners/201
2/paul-hepworth
I wonder how many pollution deaths the self righteous pedalling idiot, real name Paul Hepworth is responsible for? He is well known to be a tour guide on one of the deplorable fume belching open top double decker buses, which seriously obstruct traffic flow and are a downright nuisance.
The closure of Lendal Bridge will no doubt have made his job easier, what a king sized hypocrite he is. He slavers at dreams of the congestion and gridlock he himself causes.
k/ctc/history/roll-h
onour-past-certifica
te-merit-winners/201
2/paul-hepworth
k/ctc/history/roll-h
onour-past-certifica
te-merit-winners/201
2/paul-hepworth
k/ctc/history/roll-h
onour-past-certifica
te-merit-winners/201
2/paul-hepworth
Ah yes 'the bike', the saviour of york, the holy grail of the car hating community.
Ah yes 'the bike', the saviour of york, the holy grail of the car hating community.
Actually if you read those reports carefully the main reason for the increase in pollution with no increase in traffic volumes during peak periods is mainly down to the increasing proportion of diesel vehicles - these produce less CO2 but more NO2 and particulates such as PM 10 and PM2.5. Reports from 2006 showed complacency in the trend for cleaner air at that time as newer vehicles came into use. Greater austerity now means businesses and commuters running older vehicles and skimping on services. The Salisbury Terrace situation is largely due to the Park and Rides and other traffic diverting that way to avoid congestion on Bootham and Gillygate. It is also hard to give direct causal link between traffic volumes and air pollution because of weather and location factors - The winter of 2013 was largely wet and windy as was 2012 (wettest on record) 2010 and 2011 were very cold with more still foggy/ clear frosty days where pollution may be slow to disperse in locations such as Salisbury Terrace and Rougier St
Actually if you read those reports carefully the main reason for the increase in pollution with no increase in traffic volumes during peak periods is mainly down to the increasing proportion of diesel vehicles - these produce less CO2 but more NO2 and particulates such as PM 10 and PM2.5. Reports from 2006 showed complacency in the trend for cleaner air at that time as newer vehicles came into use. Greater austerity now means businesses and commuters running older vehicles and skimping on services. The Salisbury Terrace situation is largely due to the Park and Rides and other traffic diverting that way to avoid congestion on Bootham and Gillygate. It is also hard to give direct causal link between traffic volumes and air pollution because of weather and location factors - The winter of 2013 was largely wet and windy as was 2012 (wettest on record) 2010 and 2011 were very cold with more still foggy/ clear frosty days where pollution may be slow to disperse in locations such as Salisbury Terrace and Rougier St
Well I see you have got as far as Mr Merrett's overview out of the 136 page report. Now Mr Merrett is know for his unbiased views is he not?
Diesel vehicle numbers appear to have increased at a faster rate during the period when pollution in York was dropping to it's lowest level in years around 2005. Since then not withstanding the facts that York has had no increase in the volume of traffic and cars have been fitted with ever increasingly more effective emission controls and annually government figures show that vehicle mileage has reduced in the UK by 7.7 Billion miles annually since
billion of those miles not now being travelled are car miles York still had massive increases in pollution. The council also concede in their own reports that much of this is due to increased congestion and idling time. Now what is the cause o the increased congestion and idling time if we do not have more traffic volume??
Well I see you have got as far as Mr Merrett's overview out of the 136 page report. Now Mr Merrett is know for his unbiased views is he not?
Diesel vehicle numbers appear to have increased at a faster rate during the period when pollution in York was dropping to it's lowest level in years around 2005. Since then not withstanding the facts that York has had no increase in the volume of traffic and cars have been fitted with ever increasingly more effective emission controls and annually government figures show that vehicle mileage has reduced in the UK by 7.7 Billion miles annually since
billion of those miles not now being travelled are car miles York still had massive increases in pollution. The council also concede in their own reports that much of this is due to increased congestion and idling time. Now what is the cause o the increased congestion and idling time if we do not have more traffic volume??
A well constructed response. Sadly, it is pointless, the Labour council in general and the elements that have seized control and turned it into a single policy campaign tool have NO interest in facts.
They have virtually financially bankrupted our City, Labour are clearly morally bankrupt with no regard to justice, honesty or integrity. Most importantly, their policies simply DO NOT WORK!!!!
A well constructed response. Sadly, it is pointless, the Labour council in general and the elements that have seized control and turned it into a single policy campaign tool have NO interest in facts.
They have virtually financially bankrupted our City, Labour are clearly morally bankrupt with no regard to justice, honesty or integrity. Most importantly, their policies simply DO NOT WORK!!!!
k/ctc/history/roll-h
onour-past-certifica
te-merit-winners/201
2/paul-hepworth
Interesting how Hepworth goes to ground when he's justifiably criticised and shown up for what he is.
k/ctc/history/roll-h
onour-past-certifica
te-merit-winners/201
2/paul-hepworth
Interesting how Hepworth goes to ground when he's justifiably criticised and shown up for what he is.
Newsquest (Yorkshire & North East) Ltd, Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. HP10 9TY |3223515|Registered in England & Wales
Ipsoregulated
This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice. If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then please . If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can

我要回帖

更多关于 杭州无痛人流 的文章

随机推荐